I'm one of those OCD people that everyone hates because I only like things when they are new and come in pretty, neat packaging... If we could now compare the pretty new things that I love, to this blog than needless to say, I'm secretly hoping you're the same so that you can love and find humour in my shiny new blog the way I love shiny new things in pretty packets. And maybe even learn a thing or two about Make-up. Muhaha
For you to get to know me a little bit, I'd like to introduce you to a few of my all time favourite products, dare i even say, HG material... (And if you're not familiar with online makeup lingo, HG stands for Holy Grail, meaning it is a product I enjoy so dearly, I consider it an item i cannot live without)
Skincare:
-Skin Physics Anti-Oxidant Cleanser: 'A daily Cleanser enriched with super anti-oxidant to cleanse and revive the skin'
-Skin Physics Anti-Oxidant Night Cream: 'Enriched in super anti-oxidants to moisturise and hydrate skin overnight'
I received both of the above products for free when i purchased my Skin Physics DermaSonic Brush (more on this soon), basically an Aussie brand knock off of a Clarisonic (and exactly the same for less shiny coins in my opinion).
They help keep my skin clear and glowy no matter what time of the year, or 'month'. Sooooo HG
-LUSH Tea Tree Water: $19.95
http://www.lush.com.au/shop/product/product&product_id=97
Absolutely love this shiz! I spray it onto my face in between cleansing and moisturising, let it absorb, then pat it into the skin. So fresh
Makeup:
-Bourjois Healthy Mix and Healthy Mix Serum Foundations: Around $17 from ASOS
http://www.bourjois.co.uk/catalog/make_up/complexion/foundation/healthy_mix_foundation
For the price, the quality of these is seriously unbeatable. If you told me I was using a luxury brand when applying these, I would believe you. They are perfect for everyday wear, however lack longevity, so do require a primer and setting powder
-Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer: $35 Mecca Cosmetica
http://www.meccacosmetica.com.au/shop/Nars/RadiantCreamyConcealer/
This is the best shiz. The best. Concealers are the number 1 reason I have trust issues, always making claims like brightening, non-crease, won't leave you alone at night etc etc, but it's all lies!
Then there is Nars. For once a concealer that does exactly what it promises! Brightens and covers dark under-eye circles and DOES NOT SMUDGE. So good, worth every penny
-Ben Nye Banana Powder: $20 Scotty's Makeup
http://www.scottysmakeup.com.au/Product/Ben-Nye-Banana-Visage-Poudre.html
Yessss I do like being yellow! Yes foundations and powders with pink under-tones make me extremely angry, especially when important makeup assistants at YSL match you up to one and insist it is a perfect match and force you to buy it immediately. Well HA you silly YSL lady... i refuse to make that little bottle collect dust in my makeup drawer, because i have a secret weapon to combat pink toned foundations... Banana powder. Take that. The best, that's final. And no, before you ask, it doesn't smell like bananas.
-Carmex Lip Balm: $6 Woolies
http://australia.mycarmex.com
The only lip balm to ever actually hydrate lips. Yes I went there. Actually HYDRATE lips, not just put a sloppy wax mess over your lips with no benefit. I have most probably been through about 558 tubes of this stuff and it still remains the best.
Hope you enjoyed my first blog post!
Until next time,
xx Jaycee
Yay I enjoyed reading it! I'm from the makeup after dark group ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much beautiful! Seriously love MUAD don't know what i would do without it xx
DeleteI enjoyed reading this & LOVE the tea tree water too!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you enjoyed! How good is the tea tree water!! Any other rec's from Lush? xx
Delete