Thursday, 25 July 2013

Custom Made Foundation! Jaycee loves Melli Cosmetics

Yes, you read it right... Custom. Made. Foundation. 
Have our prayers been answered? 
Have our searches for the perfect colour, finish AND coverage come to an end?
Have we found ourselves another Holy Grail!?
I have the answer, my dear. The answer is Yes

For cosmetic companies to make maximum sales, they target only a limited number of shades that will appeal to the most amount of people, meaning that the chances of you finding a perfect shade of foundation is about 0.0001% 

That is, until you discover Melli Cosmetic's Custom Foundation!



During a recent trip to Terrigal, in the Central Coast of New South Wales, my friend and I stumbled across the Melli Cosmetics Store which I have visited before but had never had the chance to have a custom foundation made up! I was greeted by a beautiful Melli staff member named Jess, who told me that by chance they had an available time to have a foundation made up... If I didn't believe in fate before then, I sure as heck do now!



As you could imagine, my excitement was peaking at this stage, so Jess had to calm me down by making me sit in the Melli Studio Chair and we discussed what I wanted out of my very own personalised foundation! 

We decided on a foundation that was a build-able light-medium coverage that looked like real skin, with a half-matte, half-dewy finish. 

While I focused on trying not to wee myself from excitement, Jess begun by choosing a base colour that was closest to my skin tone and adding colours shown in the picture to adjust it to the most perfect and flawless colour match in the history of the world


Jess explained to me that adding plenty of yellow and a little of the brown and champagne creates a perfect match for olive skin tones like us without being too pink, orange, grey or neutral. 

Jess wrote down how much of every colour she used on my very own 'recipe' meaning I can give them a call whenever I need more foundation and they will send me a refill, or if I get darked in the summer, I can take in my foundation and have it darkened! Soooooo clever!

If you think my day couldn't get better, you're wrong. As Jess was finishing up making my foundation, the owner and someone who has inspired me as an artist for years walked in the doors, Melli herself. 

Just like her pictures that I've seen on her website and Facebook page, Melli is absolutely beautiful in the flesh, and her makeup was flawless! As a very successful celebrity, and TV/film Makeup Artist and Brand owner, I felt so privileged to be able to share a passion and obsession with makeup with Melli and of course had to have a photo with her.


Jess finished off my makeup with a soft day-time eye and my favourite Lipstick from Melli in the shade 'Tropicana' 


Obviously very necessary Selfie



It was so wonderful meeting Jess and Melli, thank you so much for having me in your store, I LOVE my foundation. Needless to say, I will be back very soon to pick up some more of your amazing products!

xx Jaycee

Melli Cosmetics Online Shop: http://www.mellicosmetics.com/mellionline/
Melli's Personal Website: http://www.melli.com.au
Melli Cosmetics on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mellimakeupwonderland
Follow Melli Cosmetics on Instagram: @mellicosmetics
Follow Jess on Instagram: @taste_of_sugar_venom




No comments:

Post a Comment