Friday, 19 July 2013

How I clean my Makeup Brushes!

If you're anything like me then you:
a) Hate cleaning your brushes
b) Discovered sigma's new brush cleaning glove and squealed for joy
c) Got annoyed because you should have thought of that idea
d) Grabbed the nearest credit card to buy it
e) Cursed when you saw the price tag and yelled 'oh hellllllll no' at your computer

If you're not anything like me, then let's just pretend you are and in the meantime I'll fill you in.
This is Sigma's new brush cleaning glove



The idea is that you apply some brush cleaning product to the glove, and use the textures of the glove to wash your brushes.

Yes, it's a great idea, but for $35, not including postage... no. Luckily, my friend Bailey shared something wayyy cheaper that will leave you with a lot more shiny coins than this one. So take a seat my flower petals, let me show you the way of my people (tight-asses)

This is a $6 silicone oven glove from K-Mart! See the resemblance? ;)


Does the same job! Everything else you need is in the palm of my hands hehehe


 I use a little dishwashing liquid first to work a lather and remove any excess oil and grime, followed by SARD Wondersoap (just twist it up and scrape a bit onto the brush) to remove any stains (Mac Pro-long wear concealer I'm looking at you) followed by a little Bare Minerals Well Cared For conditioning brush shampoo, but you can use any shampoo, such as baby shampoo. 
I would recommend using at least one of these products, as you don't necessarily need them all!


Easy Peasy! And so quick and comfy too! Lay your brushes out to dry and you're good to go!

Jaycee xx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the glove tip! I am heading to kmart this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete